Monday, September 5, 2011

Meet our Belgian artist Jan De Vliegher

A few weeks ago, friends of mine introduced me to the contemporary Belgian painter Jan De Vliegher, by showing me one of the publications about his work, titled ‘Treasury’. I really was impressed by all these gorgeous works of art.

2011-08-28_144342 Publication, titled Treasury

 

I hadn’t seen paintings of Jan before, so I started googling his name and discovered more about this talented Belgian painter and his wonderful work.

Jan has a beautiful website where a lot of his paintings are to discover.

The landing page of his website is as impressive as Jan’s works of art!

Landing pageLanding page of Jan’s website.

 

2011-08-28_143009  Jan De Vliegher

 

I emailed Jan asking him if he would allow me to introduce him and his work to the readers of my blog. I was so pleased with his prompt and kind reply giving me his approval!!

Thank you so much Jan, I really appreciate this!

_

Jan De Vliegher is born in Bruges (°1964) and lives and works in Bruges. Since 2003 he is a teacher drawing and painting at the Stedelijke Academie of Bruges.

Jan graduated at the Sint-Lucas Higher Institute for Visual Arts of Ghent (1982-1986) and obtained his
masterdegree in painting (magna cum laude).

He already exhibited in various national as international art galleries (list of exhibitions click here).

Jan’s preference is given to the figurative painting, This allows him to express his love for colouring and poetry of painting, in a more or less free style.

Jan is not adhered to the narrative or the story but he is seeking for universal situations. Ordinary things and events in their own environment are captured on a photo and brought onto a painterly image.

Composition is of much more importance than content.

The artist loves to use a bright and strong color palette to give his paintings a dynamic and expressive character. He brings his paintings to life by playing with light and color.The emotional impact of a work is of a huge importance to the painter.

Jan De Vliegher creates visual beauty of which the essence is vitality and energy.

 

Jan is painting architecture, interiors, people, nature and still lifes.

I posted some of my favorites here.

Enjoy!

 

2008-018-dogepaleis1-240x160cm 2008 - dogepaleis1
oil on canvas
240x160cm

 

2008-041-villa%20Pamphilj1-133x200cm 2008 - villa Pamphilj1
olie op doek
133x200cm

 

2008-025-rococo-45x60cm 2008 - rococo
oil on canvas
45x60cm

 

2007-096-versailles-160x240cm2007 - versailles
oil on canvas
160x240cm

 

2008-19-Versailles1-240x160cm 2008 - Versailles1
oil on canvas
240x160cm

 

2007-103-venster-120x80cm 2007 - venster
oil on canvas
120x80cm

 

2008-21-Versailles3-200x300cm 2008 - Versailles3
oil on canvas
200x300cm

 

034 2010 - Gaasbeek kasteel
oil on canvas
120x80cm

 

 008 2011 - garden5
oil on canvas
200x150cm

 

019 2010 - San Marco terrace8
oil on canvas
200x200cm

 

2005-41-india-200x300cm 2005 - india
olie op doek
200x300cm

 

017 2011 - v&a3
oil on canvas
110x165cm

 

022 2010 - schatkamer12
oil on canvas
200x133cm

 

2007-055-schatkamer01-60x90cm 2007 - schatkamer1
oil on canvas
60x90cm

 

2008-009-schatkamer08-110x165cm 2008 - schatkamer8
olie op doek
110x165cm

 

006 2010 - schatkamer6
oil on canvas
200x300cm

 

018 2010 - glas11
oil on canvas
120x80cm

 

 

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO ABOUT JAN DE VLIEGHER AT WORK :

Click on image below.

 2011-08-28_141812 Video about Jan De Vliegher

 

To find out more of this talented Belgian painter and to see more of his paintings, please visit Jan’s website :

http://www.jandevliegher.be

If you are interested in one of Jan’s paintings, contact Jan at info@jandevliegher.be .

 

Are you as much impressed as I am by these gorgeous paintings ?

I would be very pleased to know your thoughts!

 

To Jan : ‘Thank you again Jan, for your approval to use the images of your website! And I do hope that my Belgian as well as my international readers will appreciate your work as much is I do!’

Signature

All images : website Jan De Vliegher www.jandevliegher.be  Posted with approval of Jan De Vliegher

35 comments:

  1. WOW! I love Jan’s work! Not only does he paint everything I love and would proudly display in my home but I love his style of painting. While capturing the beauty around him he doesn’t make his paintings stuffy or pretentious. Thank you for introducing this very talented artist to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan's hand is exquisite. At first the paintings almost seem like a photo, but as you gaze at them, they are far prettier. He captures the essence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE his work, thank you for the introduction to this amazing artist. He is inspiring me to pick up my paint brush. His work is amazing!
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Greet !
    Une belle découverte ce peintre de Bruges ! Il me donne envie de reprendre la peinture à l'huile... Les formats sont très grands c'est impressionnant !
    Une belle lumière et une touche vive, j'aime bien aussi les sujets : les détails d'architecture et les intérieurs.
    Bonne journée,
    Céline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these and have been in search of paintings that would work well in our home. Because our home is an old meeting hall in the Greek Revival period, it is important that we have the right type of paintings!! These would be outstanding!!

    I am hoping that he will ship to the USA. I will look up his web site. Thank you so much for introducing me to him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Greet for the wonderful introduction to Jan's work - I love it!! I've always been a fan of such a painterly and textural style - I especially love the landscapes and architectural interiors - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greet, Thanks you for finding this amazing artist and sharing him with all of us! Jan's work is stunning. I am coveting the painting of San Marco Terrace8.... Could so see it hanging in my own home!
    Annelle Primos

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful body of work! I like the garden most for the figuritve flow of the lines, shapes and colors. Thank you for sharing his work with us. I'll check out his website. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greet- Thank you for introducing us to this fine painter! My favorite is 2010 - San Marco terrace8. What a beautiful composition of the yellow chairs! I could sit in one!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greet, I love Jan's works of art. His genre, combination and use of the palette knife is exquisite! Bravo!

    Come and join my Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce. You will love it!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greet, I absolutely love his work. I have never seen any quite like it. His composition and technique are incredible. I would enjoy any of his paintings. It would truly be hard to choose just one.XO Mona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! He says so much with so few brush strokes! I have three favorites - Garden 5, Versaille 3 and Glas 11. Glas 11 has the same light quality as the old Dutch Masters still life painting.

    Cheers,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green,
    I am so impressed with Jan's work. Stunning.
    Thank you for sharing, and have a great week.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful, lively paintings. He paints with the energy and abandon of a child in a way that only someone really talented can pull off. I wish someone would translate his video, I'd love to hear what he is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic command of the medium. He's really quite remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very impressed - love these paintings! I hope to have the opportunity to actually see the work of Jan De Vliegher. Thank you for introducing us to this great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Splendid! And you know how much I love great art!

    I don't even dare to look at his prices... but the "San Marco terrace" is simply wonderful (and fun!).

    Happy new week dear Greet.

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I'm totally impressed by his paintings! I love the garden one.. the greens are so gorgeous!

    You're amazing, Greet. Always bringing something new to us. Thank you!!!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are wonderful paintings. I love his perspective and the broad brush strokes. So vibrant. Thank you, Greet, for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a wonderful and talented artist. Such beautiful work.
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello my friend,
    Jan is a very impressive artist, I enjoyed seeing his work. I love the ones of china and glass ware, they are something that we all love!
    Thank you for introducing this very talented artist to us.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a talented artist. I love his work. How he uses color and brush strokes is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Greet,
    I almost missed this post but so glad I didn't...
    I love Jan's work.. it's definitely a style I would strife to create in my own works..that sort of loose stroke and relaxed subject...
    simply stunning..
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greet,

    Oh gosh Thanks for sharing this talented artist. We can not live without art and how it touches our lives ever after. It changes us profoundly.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Greet this artist is amazing. What fantastic talent he has with highlights and lowlights. Some of the paintings look like photographs - so real!
    Nearly fell over when I saw the glass and porcelain paintings - they are truly perfect. As an artist myself, I know how hard it is to paint living materials that have been made into objects (wood, glass, clay etc).

    Thank you for sharing.

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this kind of painting ... the big strokes, yet very refined ... and perfect color balance. So much light in every canvas ...

    beautifull ....

    vxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a talented artist, Greet! Thanks for the introduction, I love all his work and I so wish I could have one of these at home. Very impressive indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I'm in awe! I love love love these paintings! I just might have to do a little post on him myself... would this be okay? Can I reference your website? (along with his..) I just have to share this beauty with my peeps! What a great find!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. Am I the only one who cant see his website? Everytime I click on the link it says "Forbidden, you dont have access on this server". I even tried to link directly and it says the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. we have one of his art works "cinque terra" hanging in our family room we just love him it makes our room fell wonderfull
    thanks joe

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, his work is lovely. I was disappointed I couldn't get into his website to see more about it. When I clicked over it said forbidden. I see from the above comments I'm not the only one who can't get in. Is there another link? If so, please let me know. Thanks for your help.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  32. These designs recalls the memories of greatest artist in history, Jan De Vliegher done fabulous work.

    Freshwater Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's a amazing creation by Jan De Vligher.

    ReplyDelete