Wednesday, August 17, 2011

English Country Homes Interiors

My dearest friends, as you might guess, our holidays are over! Back to work again! I didn’t read or commented many blogs the passed weeks. but I am back now!

I am working on a few projects and I am always searching for images which are inspirational to start sketching the future projects.

Certainly this first week after holidays I could use some help to be back in the running. And the internet is the most wonderful resource for inspiration,isn’t it?

One of the projects I am working on is preparing a design for a living room in a Flemish cottage with English design styled influences.

So nothing better than googling ‘English country homes’.

I came across some beautiful houses and in particular gorgeous antique wood paneling. Although our company is making new constructed paneling, the antique woodpaneling is always the best inspiration source for examples of construction, wood staining and mouldings.

I would love to show you some of my finds. I really love the look of these well-worn interiors.

 

07Beautiful stained and aged paneling and gorgeous shaped cabinet shelving.

 

02 Love the chinmney and the window shutters.

 

04 I couldn’t resist to post this beautiful image! Charming not !!??

 

03A view towards that beautiful chimney.

 

01 Awesome!

 

06Even the cat seems to feel comforatble in these well-worn interiors.

 

08 Different colors of wood staining. Perfect match!

 

11 Painted paneling.

 13 Very simple panel mouldings.

 

12Different shades of only one paint color.

 

2 Beamed ceilings to be discovered in a lot of English country houses.

 

6 Oh so beautiful !

 

3

 

15 Well-worn!

 

14

All above images source : jjlocations

 

My close and very sweet friend Glenda Steel, author of the gorgeous English blog THE PAPER MULBERRY , is living in the English countryside (South East Lincolnshire) in an English country home herself!

I am a big fan of Glenda’s blog!!

If you do not know Glenda’s blog yet, you really should start to know it right now by clicking HERE !!!

Here are some pictures of Glenda’s charming country house!

thepapermulberryhome7 House of Glenda Steel, author of the blog The Paper Mulberry

Do you notice the beamed ceiling?

 

thepapermulberryhome17 House of Glenda Steel, author of the blog The Paper Mulberry

I am definitely right! Cats love to live in these warm and charming country homes.

 

thepapermulberryhome8 House of Glenda Steel, author of the blog The Paper Mulberry

And of course not to miss! The English AGA stove!

 

thepapermulberryhome11House of Glenda Steel, author of the blog The Paper Mulberry

Glenda’s beautiful kitchen cabinet.

 

thepapermulberryhome22  House of Glenda Steel, author of the blog The Paper Mulberry

Catflap in the back door!

 

To see more of Glenda’s home, click HERE .

 

Finally some pictures of earlier Lefèvre Interior projects.

Lefèvre Interiors 4  Lefèvre Interiors

Paneling and chimney piece in cherry wood.

 

Lefèvre Interiors 2  Lefèvre Interiors

Oak paneling in a Belgian farm house.

Lefèvre Interiors 3  Lefèvre Interiors

 

Lefèvre Interiors 1 Lefèvre Interiors

This is a painted paneling in the same farm house, on the back of the oak paneled wall, with a see-through fireplace.

 

I do hope you all enjoyed this first-post-after-holidays !

xx

Signature

 

Images : jjlocations; The Paper Mulberry; Lefèvre Interiors

36 comments:

  1. Greet welcome home!! You were missed.Nothing like the patina of well worn interiors, just love the colors and the worn elegant feel of the aged woods, all the images are quite stunning, really love that first one!
    Love Glendas blog, she has fabulous style and I always know I am going to see something very inspriational when I visit her, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G,
    you always find wonderful interiors
    that speak to me.

    i adore the basket-weave pattern
    on the floor of old brick.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So charming and the soft colors make for cozy rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the last picture... the panelling wall in blue. How fresh is that? Truly beautiful!

    Wishing you a great week!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Greet,
    so fascinating to see those pics of old English country homes..love the various floor materials used in the homes..from wood to brick to stone..all fabulous.. and of course the paneling is most intriguing...
    ..and I love the lovely work your company does.. the soft color of the cherry wood is so beautiful..
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like looking at the old rooms, but they made me feel chilled ! Then seeing your photos , so warm and inviting, made me warm up :)
    besitos, Greet from way down here in Argentina !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back, Greet!
    Gorgeous post as always, and the kitty is so precious.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Greet! Thank you so much!!!!! I'm thrilled and so honoured to have my home surrounded by such loveliness!!!!!! Your Lefevre interiors are sublime, the blue room is such a stunning colour, particularly against the dark wood desk a really inspired design choice. I also absolutely adore the JJ Location interiors too and you have solved a dilemma with one of our fireplaces in our bedroom. It has a cast iron insert like the green room but has a modern mantle surround that we need to replace so this just may be the answer!!! I really can't thank you enough dearest Greet. Huge hugs from a dusty old house in England! Glenda xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greet, I love the greenish painted rooms and details! You certainly have found some sources for inspired ideas and sketching! No doubt your finished design will be a delight to behold! I'd love to see the cherry paneling you did 20 years from now, after it has had time to age, mellow and darken.

    The English influence is so apparent on the early American period homes Sally and I work in here in the States when I look at the pictures you posted. The detailing always feels different than what I see in similar period homes in lets say France or Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back wonderful Greet!

    You are going international, girlie! Soon people will start flying you over to the UK. And we could need your services (and work) over here too!

    Look forward to seeing what you do with that living room.

    Warm hugs,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful images, Greet.+ thanks for all your knowledge of woodwork. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello sweet Greet good to have you back, BLISS i like all of them !!!so im sure you will come up with a fabulous scheme for your cleints .I started reading Glendas blog after your last recommendation which is wonderful too You would have liked the house at 18 folgate street i think .Blogger is fooling around again and not deivering ! looking forward to seeing on whatyou decided
    Fay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ik kijk graag op Glenda's blog, het is mooie inspiratieblog. Echt een huis voor een magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We hope your holiday was wonderful. Oh how beautiful the English country homes are. Glenda's home has such wonderful character. We can't wait to see more of your new project.
    XO Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is something so welcoming about casual English country homes. You chose a wonderful selection of images Greet to represent exactly that. Also love your own interpretation at the end.

    Cheers,


    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Greet! You have become a convert! Brooke has totally converted you to the "Patina" we love!
    I adored every single picture!

    when we built our house; we have lime wash ceilings and walls.....the roof of our guest house leaked! And left watermarks.....I would not let the contractor fix them......I said....."Patina" 13 years ago!

    I love your blog; and I love your house, and garden, and family!

    so pleased to see you loving "patina"!! Brooke has started a worldwide movement!

    YAY!

    Lovely, lovely post!

    Merci!!

    ps my daughter and her family lived in Madrid for a year two years ago....they traveled everywhere. I asked my granddaughter (who was 10 at the time) "What was your favorite place you went" (they went so many places I cannot even describe) "Bruges" without any hesitation!

    My mother said the same thing. Her favorite town or city in all of Europe: Bruges. I must go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ps I hope I am spelling it right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All good things must come to an end but you have a fabulous job so it can't be all that bad. What is it about chipped, peeling aged worn places that we love so much? Probably why I love antiques so much, hate the new look no personality.

    ReplyDelete
  19. the anglophile that lives within adored this post. especially the worn finishes, imperfections, oh those floors in glenda's home......off to visit her
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back. I hope you really enjoyed your holiday. These homes are so wonderfully worn. You can just feel the history in every corner. Those old brick or cobblestone floors are divine.

    Glenda is a favorite of mine as well. I think I initially found her through your blog. She has exquisite taste and a lovely perspective. Really enjoyed your post today. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  21. These rooms are stunning. We have floor boards like this in the upstairs of our house except they're painted. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. :) I have windows like the one you have pictured as do many in Charleston, SC, and while charming and old, I can tell you they are the bane of my existence. Sound, heat and cold come and go as they please. Still, I totally get what you like about them. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Greet,
    I decided to write a post about wood, OLD wood! I thought, hmmm, who would be an excellent source on the subject? I instantly thought of you and once again, my instincts served me right!
    I have been enjoying, I think, 20 or so posts here at Belgian Pearls on wood. It's been educational and such a feast for the eyes. Thank you for writing your beautiful blog Greet and for your warm and friendly way.
    Always, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. The one above is from the Indian Beach bay front home and is a stunning home with an open floor plan, light and airy colors that just invite you into the space.The Hicks Pendants in Polished Nickel are shown in a set of three over the island. home interiors in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  25. That above photos look likes a very old house. I would like to see a very good transformation of that place.

    ReplyDelete
  26. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis on this topic. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it .Country House PlansBut all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article. country house plansI honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and yes you got it. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Antique building looking a number of years old.

    BioTech Patent Agent

    ReplyDelete
  29. The one word that instantly came out from my mouth was!! WOW!! these pictures are mesmerizing and absolutely beautiful!! water leak repairs

    ReplyDelete
  30. At the end of each chapter is a double page spread with decorating and shopping tips, and small inspirational photographs that convey a style essence for each of the designers.
    interior designer arizona

    ReplyDelete
  31. The kitchen is the most active part of the home. It's where family members usually bond together most of the time that majority of all want to have a beautiful kitchen design..

    Home Interior

    ReplyDelete
  32. It’s a traditional English country homes. It’s fascinating to see those pictures. I loved your fireplace. I want to install a fireplace in my condo too.

    Rental Services Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  33. A very good and informative article indeed. It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views.
    singapore interior design

    ReplyDelete